Thursday, January 13, 2011

Seputeh-Taman Desa Run – 13 January 2011

Distance: 9.55km

Timing: 58:04 min for 6:04 min/km pace (bad!)

I was not sure if I could manage this this morning but I did! The results are not pretty though – timing was worse than last week but I’m putting it down to:

a) not raining buckets and no thunderstorm

b) yesterday’s leg workout (my glutes are shox! And the calves cramped up last night)

c) yesterday’s inter-state run

d) left foot was achy and nagging (will need to go in for a consultation with Mr Soon this weekend)

Actually this should count as an LSD given the short rest period in between (<24 hours!)! No, I do not have any excuse not to nail this – I need to condition my body to take on the load, be stronger and fitter. There is definitely a lot of work to put in here and races most definitely do not run themselves.

Kenny pushed it on the uphills and unlike last week, I could not take up the challenge. I did manage to put in a decent pace and kept within 50-80m. The uphills at Seputeh were much easier since it was early into the run but the 2km slope at Taman Desa nearly took my life. Then again, I scaled it back since the foot was bothering me; I guess on a good day (*kneels and prays for thunderstorms and healthy feet*), it would be so do-able. In return, I was faster on the downhills – hey, I needed to catch up, right?

I took a protein shake when I got into the gym but was hungry the moment I got into the office. It must have been the three hard workouts in the last 24 hours. So now, I have the perfect excuse to gorge and load up on my food! Ok, if you guys know me…that is not going to happen since I’m pretty sensible with my food.

No comments: