Thursday, January 13, 2011

adiNation Training Run – 12 January 2011

Attendees:

a) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

b) Suresh

c) Bee Hoon

d) Arumugam and friend (sorry I didn’t introduce myself!!!)

e) KK Yum

f) Lai

g) Vijay

Distance: Inter-State route a.k.a. loop around Tijani Bukit Persekutuan and Bangsar (Kei Ming’s Garmin: 11.1km; my Garmin only located the satellite after ~3km); Lai and Vijay did the outer loop around the lake

Timing: 45:37 min (7.91km) for 5:46 min/km pace

Bee Hoon led the group yesterday evening and we started about 15 minutes earlier at Arumugam’s request. It was also his first time running the route (yup, also KK’s) and almost immediately the group separated into 2. I ran with Bee Hoon and the gang with Kei Ming and KK taking it easy, falling back about 500-800 meters. The pace was slightly faster since Arumugam and his friend are fast runners and thrive on speed but it was not overtly fast or difficult that I could not keep up or go down the huff-and-puff route. In fact I think they dialed it back for Bee Hoon and me – hey, I could actually manage conversations throughout the run! The run was uneventful and I watching my left foot closely. Yup, the tendons/ligaments whatever felt tight, stretch and achy which made me pay even closer attention to my foot strides, landing and generally, my running form.

No comments: