Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Part 2

Today was part 2 of the 2-day split workout. Michael got in a bit later this morning as he was coming in from Seremban. I did point out to him that it's OK to cancel a session if either of us are tied up when he told me. So it was onto legs and shoulders then...

Supersets of:
a) Technogym leg press (I was surprised he kept it at 140lbs!)
b) Combo of DB walking lunges and overhead shoulder press (I nearly twisted my leg ankle when I missed my footing on the return journey of first set)
c) Technogym leg extension

Supersets of:
d) Nautilus overhead shoulder press
e) DB lateral raises
f) Nautilus prone leg curl
g) Nautilus hip adductor

Supersets of:
h) Combo of Technogym cable frontal raise and upright row with the iron bar
i) Precor preacher curl
j) Nautilus abs crunches

I woke up this morning to sore pecs, glutes, hamstrings and niggling back muscles - a combo of yesterday's part 1 and Richard's class. Good stuff.

I know I said I was going to make yoga a daily ritual during this week but I think it would be more effective to have it every other day just to give the muscles some time to "absorb" the intensity of those stretches. Yup, Richard was especially attentive yesterday since there were only 3 of us in the class.

Instead of heading for yoga, I had a leisurely breakfast at Toast Box........................and listened to a pretty interesting interview session (it's not eavesdropping if your neighbouring table babbles at an audible tone/pitch!). Hey I would not have bothered if they had not gone into bonds, sovereign credits, ratings, trading, dropping names of my firm and ex-colleagues!

Ok, I am starting to ramble...

Anyhow, it's time for lunch!

No comments: