Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Functional Tuesday & Great Eastern Women’s 10K 2010

I am a bit swamped with work at the moment – meeting this morning, clearing up the back log of paper through lunch and this afternoon – so bear with me on the recap of ups and downs of the Great Eastern Women’s 10K 2010 (GE 10K). This morning Michael and I went through a functional training routine with cables and finished up around 8 am with reverse crunches [I had to leave the place by 9 am because the building management were going to conduct a fire drill exercise].

Supersets of the following with the Freemotion Dual Cable Cross:

a) Combo of alternate squats and lunges

b) Standing back row

c) Low-to-high forward chest

Supersets of:

d) Technogym cable standing upper back row

e) DB static lunges

f) Freemotion Dual Cable Cross overhead shoulder press

Supersets of:

g) Freemotion Dual Cable Cross wood chop

h) Technogym cable tricep pressdown with iron bar

i) Freemotion Dual Cable Cross bicep curl

Great Eastern Women’s 10K 2010

It was a major PR for me! I came in at 52:38 minutes (chip) – PTL! Overall, it was another well-executed race from the sign up and race pack collection up to the race itself. I do not think there were any aspects I did not enjoy. There was a minor annoyance with a guy who paced one of the girls towards the last 2-3 km; oh come on, she should be able to handle it and the marshals should have removed him a.k.a. Shape Runs. On hindsight, I am glad I ran in the Bikilas – I have been observing that my pace tends to be faster on them than my “regular” trainers (or perhaps I am on the road to progress?).

No comments: