Thursday, November 25, 2010

Chest & Back Day and adiNation Training Run – 24 November 2010

A quick update on this morning’s session (will get to the recap of the adiNation Training Run later this afternoon). It slipped Michael’s mind that we had completed the legs+shoulders combo on Monday until I pointed it out to him. I guess there is really no difference doing it today or tomorrow since it will have to be done anyway and anyhow. I did not think today’s session was that tough – hmmm…should I ask for tougher sessions?

Supersets of:

a) Smith machine low incline chest press

b) LF cable upper back row with dual handle bar

Supersets of:

c) DB chest press

d) DB bend over back row

e) DB pullover

Supersets of:

f) Lower back extension

g) Dips

Supersets of:

h) DB bicep curls

i) Reverse abs crunches



adiNation Training Run – 24 November 2010

Attendees:

a) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

b) Vijay

c) Fauzan (spotted on lap 1)

d) Suresh (lap 4)

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin went wonky on me, so I’m guessing it’s 9.12 – 9.18km)

Timing: 48:17 min for 5:17 min/km pace

Laps 1 - 3

It was a small turnout yesterday evening – Kei Ming, Vijay and myself. I guess everyone was taking a break from the weekend’s Penang Bridge International Marathon 2010. I was surprised that I managed to keep with the pack for three laps although my right big toe was a tad painful – the KSO felt snug for the toes and it was comfortable except for that big toe. Fauzan passed us on the first lap and we spotted him again at the finishing point after second (?) lap.

Lap 4

Vijay stepped up the pace in the last lap and I could only managed to hang onto their coat tails for about a km. My toe also started to get whiny but my mind told it to suck it up. Mistake? I do not know…I mean I felt good running and completing the distance…at the expense of half-filled blood toenail. I am thinking of emailing the team at Innovatez to see if they would allow me to exchange it for another Bikila (top up $20).

I was anticipating throbbing quads and hamstrings and put on my new 2XU compression shorts (got it at the Sports Expo for $98 – expensive but so worth it!) to sleep. I woke up with no soreness or throbbing –yay! – although my right metatarsal cramped up in the middle of the night. I also managed to finish last night’s dinner – voracious appetite, huh?

No comments: