Thursday, November 11, 2010

adiNation Training Run – 10 November 2010

Attendees:

a) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

b) Boss Ronnie

c) Lai

d) Aron

e) Fauzan

f) Fong

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.12km)

Timing: 48:39 min for 5:20 min/km pace

Lap 1

It was quite a crowd during yesterday’s run (*waves to Boss, Fauzan and Fong*) and everyone had a great session. Lap 1 was a warm up round for everyone…except Fauzan who more or less took off after 200 meters. He is not the type who can run slow!

Lap 2

Lai stepped up his pace in the second lap and went even faster when a random guy passed him. It was so funny watching them trying to outrun each other. Ronnie joined Lai about a km into the lap. So it was down to Aron, Kei Ming and me but Lai and Ronnie were within sight. Aron joined them towards the end.

Lap 3

The faster group was still within sight when Kei Ming and I started this lap but not for long. It was also here that Kei Ming started to increase his pace and I tried to keep up. Hey, it is my mantra to keep with the larger group for at least 3 laps. Despite the faster pace, I felt comfortable; on reaching home, I checked the Garmin and it showed a 5:09-5:10 min/km pace! Holy moly! This is super duper fast…something I usually see on race days.

Lap 4

I stepped it back on this lap as my right calf was seizing up and cramping but nothing like Saturday’s incident. I could still run and managed to keep it at a 5:20-5:30 min/km pace. I am not sure if it was due to running “correctly” in the Bikilas (i.e. landing on my midfoot-forefoot) or the loss of salt. Once I finished, the top side of the foot felt “funny”, a bit like being on fire and detached.

Oh well, it was a good session. I have also noticed that my finishing times are now in the 48 minute range – good stuff!

No comments: