Friday, October 1, 2010

Eeeooowwwwwwwwwwww!

The initial sounds that came out through my mouth when Mr Soon pressed and massage my right foot yesterday evening.

Since traffic was not too heavy when I left the office, I made a last minute appointment with Mr Soon to have my right heel/ankle checked out. I actually got into SS2 by 7:20 pm – a 30-minute commute – a very rare occurrence on a weekday, non-school holiday and non-festival period! Anyway, there was some muscle inflammation which after a 15-minute massage seemed to have subsided; I agreed to have it bandaged with some herbal concoction but klutz me got it wet during this morning’s shower (I need bigger plastic bags!). The good news is that this is minor and I should be good to go in a day or two. The meds have been working overnight as I could feel some tingling sensation in the area throughout the night and this morning. We will see how it feels tomorrow before deciding if a 20km LSD is on the cards this weekend.

I felt a bit listless and bloated when I got into the gym and probably screwed up the first set. Guess the engine needs to be warmed up. A round up of this morning’s session:

Supersets of:

a) Cybex plate loaded leg press

b) LF cable lat pulldown

c) Hack squat

d) Plate bend over back row

Supersets of:

e) Combo of BB deadlift and clean-and-jerk

f) LF cable and iron bar upper back row

g) Chest bench press

Supersets of:

h) Free weights BB bicep curl

i) LF cable and iron bar tricep press down

We finished at about 7:45 am with some reverse abs crunches.

No comments: