Thursday, September 30, 2010

adiNation Training Run – 29 September 2010

Attendees:

a) “Boss” Ronnie

b) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

c) Lai

d) Kenny Tan

e) Aron Soo

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.16km) [5 laps if we count the first 2.3km – I thought it was a warm up!!!!]

Timing: 49:35 min for 5:24 min/km pace

Lap 1

This is my second attempt at running four laps with the Bikila which eventually became 5 because the first 2.3km was a warm up round. Holy crap! Ronnie came a bit later and we waited for him after our warm up lap. When he did not show up after 5 minutes, we pushed on in the hope of bumping into him along the route – Lai found out from his wife that Ronnie was running in the opposite direction.

Lap 2

The group was still more or less together for about 500 meters before Kenny and Lai pulled away. Then it was Kei Ming and Aron just after the bridge.

Laps 3 & 4

I was still feeling strong after the third lap and decided to run the fourth. There was the tiniest wee bit of apprehension about through the final lap since the furthest I have gone with the Bikila (yes, only last week!) was 4 laps and I had already clocked 2.3km in the warm up round. When I got home, I checked the Garmin and found out that my split times for the last lap was actually better than the third! Talk about misconception!

The area just under my right ankle is a bit achy last night and is now a bit swollen. No pain but I can feel the pressure when I put on weight on it. I am worried that despite all the talk about forefoot running with the minimalist or barefoot running that I maybe still landing on my heels. And I certainly hope it is not plantar fasciitis. Really. Because Kei Ming asked me to join them for a LSD on Saturday morning (I’m tempted) and there is the Nike 10K Run and New Balance Real Run coming up in the next 2 weeks. Perhaps I should just go ahead and make an appointment with Mr Soon. As a stop gap measure (in my mind only and my wonky theory), I have put on a compression bandage (the one I used during my fracture).

I am so jealous of those of you with the compression tights, shorts or calf sleeves – God knows I need them now (desperately!). My quads are now in full-blown soreness.

Today is load up day! Well at least that’s what I tell myself after an adiNation Training Run and I’m glad to report that I’m having an extra 3 crackers for my mid morning snack. I hope Mae restocks our food drawers (or boxes – she has since taken to “hiding” them in boxes to prevent theft!) soon. I was eyeing the chocolate truffle cake from grandpa’s birthday dinner last night but was too tired to ATTACK it. Oh well, maybe tonight.

No comments: