Friday, October 15, 2010

Cable and Strength Friday

I was not too sure if I could hold up this morning’s session because I woke up feeling lethargic (I even skipped the fourth round of Buteyko!). To my surprise I finished strongly – it must have been the grit and determination to have one last good workout before the weekend! I thought it would be a cable workout session when Michael put me through the paces with the Freemotion cables but it turned out otherwise – another surprise!

On the Freemotion cable supersets of:

a) Seated two-arm lat pull down

b) Seated chest press

c) Seated overhead shoulder press

d) Squats (for some odd reason I could not balance myself at the end when I was supposed to hold the position for 5-10 seconds)

Supersets of:

e) Freemotion assisted chin ups

f) Technogym leg press (darn it! We started with 120 instead of the usual 80 or 100 which inevitably meant two sets at 140)

g) Technogym cable standing bend over back row with the iron bar

h) Technogym leg extension (this exercise does not have that dreaded feel, at least not as much as previously – I must be getting used to it)

Supersets of:

i) Freemotion cable chest pec fly

j) Cybex forward abs crunch

No comments: