Thursday, October 28, 2010

adiNation Training Run – 27 October 2010

Attendees:

a) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

b) Lai

c) Aron

d) Yuki (Aron’s friend)

e) Wern Tian (for the chit chat at the end)

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.14km)

Timing: 47:50min for 5:19 min/km pace

Lap 1

We started with a slow jog – Kei Ming, Lai and I were about two steps in front of Aron (who had by then already completed two laps!) and Yuki. We went ahead just before the turn around at the bridge. Don’t get me wrong…the first km, in fact the first lap, was difficult. As always, it takes some time (and distance) to get into the rhythm.

Lap 2

Lai stepped back to join Aron and Yuki. Yuki was taking it slow since it was her first time but she did a great job and finished the four laps.

Lap 3

Kei Ming and I continued in silence (my preferred mode during runs; I can talk till the cows come home before and after runs but not during – need to keep the energy in check) but he stepped up the gear on this lap. I had earlier told myself to keep up with him for at least for three laps if I was to come in within the 50-minute mark. The distance going into the fourth lap was about 1-2 meters and it was getting increasingly difficult.

Lap 4

The gap between us widened but I could still keep him in sight until the turn around at the bridge. I tried hanging on to the hard pace and I do not think I slowed down significantly like I always do. I was really really really surprised when I saw the timing on my Garmin – 47:50 minutes. A new record! Thanks Kei Ming!

I will probably run in the Bikilas (or if Vibrams come up with newer models, those models) from now. It feels so much more comfortable and “free”. Plus I think I clock better times on them. I will be exchanging my current pair with a new one over the weekend. Hmmm…I am also tempted to get another pair to alternate. Let me go rob the bank!

No comments: