Thursday, October 21, 2010

adiNation Training Run – 20 October 2010 & Thursday’s Workout

Attendees:

a) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

b) Fauzan

c) Aron

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (Garmin: 9.14km)

Timing: 49:14 min for 5:23 min/km pace

Lap 1

It was a small group for yesterday’s run but I think we have settled down to having Kei Ming, Aron and myself as the core group. Kei Ming and I were still nursing muscle soreness from our runs over the weekend – him the Mizuno Wave 2010 and mine the New Balance Real Run 2010 (NBRR) – and the plan was to play it by ear. I ran with Fauzan for about half the lap before he took off. Kei Ming and Aron were 2 steps behind us and chatting about the weekend’s events.

Lap 2

Aron and I ran together with Kei Ming falling back about 10 steps and towards the end, he asked about the number of laps I planned on covering. My reply: I feel like stopping now! Yes, I said that…at that point, I was hot and sweaty and the ongoing construction work (and fumes from the lorries) did not help!

Lap 3

I did not have much trouble with the cut on the underside of my right foot until towards the end of this lap. As we were approaching the climb, I must have landed on that “sweet” spot and had to adjust my pace (a.k.a. slow down) while crying silently. It was also here that Kei Ming caught up with us and we ran towards the last lap. I had wanted to give up after this but plodded on because I did not want to disappoint Kei Ming and Aron. At the end of the lap, my heart sank when I saw Fauzan – I was berating myself for my slowness since he was one lap ahead (I found out later that he ran three laps instead of four).

Lap 4

Kei Ming told Aron to run ahead and I allowed Kei Ming to lead the way. Unfortunately, the gap between us widened (the same thing happened last week!) but at least I could still keep him in sight. I came home in 49:14 minutes, a full minute faster than last week. So was it the improved fitness or running in the Bikilas?

I promptly went to bed after dinner last night thinking that Michael would put me through some hard paces this morning. Mistaken! It was functional training this morning. This also means I would need to be in bed by 9:30-10 tonight – Michael told me to get enough rest today for tomorrow’s onslaught. I’ve been having cramps on the outer side of my right shin after my recent runs; it was at its worse during my session with Diane after the NBRR although she helped me stretch when I told her about it and it happened again last night. I am thinking if I should have sips of 100Plus or bites of bananas after my runs going forward. Anyway, a summary of this morning’s session (2 supersets):

Supersets of:

a) Technogym cable incline chest press

b) Technogym cable standing chest fly

On the Bosu and with the BB,

c) Clean-and-jerk

d) Bend over back row

e) Squats

f) Overhead shoulder press

g) Bicep curl

Supersets of:

h) Alternate static lunges with the kettlebell

i) Ball throw – for the lats

j) Wheel abs

k) Technogym cable tricep press down

No comments: