Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sale!

Spotted in The Star today: RM75 one-way all-in fare from Subang to Singapore! Time to book the return journey for the Great Eastern Women’s 10K (GE Women’s 10K) and trips for Run for Hope and Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon. On closer inspection, not all the flights went for rm75 – only the return journeys for GE Women’s 10K and Run for Hope were zero fare option (and only for certain flights); the rest were tagged at RM79.95. I have booked the former and will do the latter this weekend. The remaining journeys? I will wait for the next round of promotions. Alternatively, there is always Jetstar which is offering an all-in RM60 but you will need to tag on the cab fare of RM58 to the final cost.

In the meantime, here is a roundup of this morning’s functional training:

Supersets of:

a) Technogym cable combo of chest fly and chest press

b) True Stretch chin-ups

c) Raised leg static lunges with kettle bell

d) Combo of BB squats, walking lunges, deadlifts with the kettle bell, overhead shoulder press and bend over back row

e) Dips with weight plate

Supersets of:

f) Wheel abs

g) BB bicep curl

h) Abs crunches on fitball

The weights were lighter than our standard usual strength training but I could feel my chest muscles and quads burning this morning! My triceps are still sore from Monday’s session – this is an oddity since I usually recover within a day. Oh well, I can’t complain too much, huh? Especially since this is the “good” kind of soreness. My gut feel tells me that I can expect more of the same from Friday’s session. Time to schedule an appointment with Margaret/Serenity Cove?

No comments: