Thursday, September 23, 2010

adiNation Training Run – 22 September 2010

Attendees:

a) “Group Lead” Kei Ming

b) Lai

c) Kenny Tan

d) Aron Soo

e) Vijay

f) Suresh

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (started the Garmin late)

Timing: 49:48 min for 5:24 min/km pace

Lap 1

Everyone took it easy (especially me since I was in my Bikilas – first attempt at 4 laps) and we completed the first km in 5:41 minutes and overall at 12:52 minutes (from Lai’s FB post).

Lap 2

Vijay joined us and we were still running in a group.

Lap 3

Suresh joined us after having run the bigger 6km earlier but Lai, Aron and Vijay started pulling away midway through. I tried to keep them in sight but they went faster and faster. Kei Ming, Kenny and Suresh were behind me and I could hear their conversations so I guess they were not that far behind.

Lap 4

Kei Ming, Kenny and Suresh started upping their paces and overtook me about ½ km in this round but I was able to match their strides for another ½ km. Thereafter it was basically me, me and me. I was taken aback when Kei Ming told me I did a 49+ minute for the run – OMG! This is almost similar to my time wearing “regular” running shoes!

Yesterday’s run was good – weather, pace and group. It was a comfortable pace and I was not exhausted, tired or huffing + puffing like crazy. Dare I hope for better timings if I had pushed it? And therein lies another dilemma – do I run in the “regular” shoes or the Bikila?

Today will be refuel day after yesterday’s double training session. Yay!

No comments: