Thursday, September 9, 2010

adiNation Training Run – 8 September 2010 – the run that wasn’t be and turned out even better!

Distance: 4 laps * 2.3km = 9.2km (9.18km on the Garmin)

Timing: 48:13 min for 5:15 min/km pace

Kei Ming buzzed me around 5pm to let me know that he will not be able to make it for the run as he would be working until 9pm. Since it was ABSOLUTELY necessary for me to clock in a “longish” run before this weekend’s Army Half Marathon 2010, I made my way to Lake Gardens and then forced myself to complete four laps. It did not matter if the timing suck but I needed to put in the four laps – that was what I told myself the entire time. And voila! I surprised myself (ok, I nearly fainted!) when I saw the finishing time. Time to rest those legs for this weekend. Ok, maybe a slow jog with the Bikila tomorrow before meeting Michael.



No comments: