Thursday, May 13, 2010

adiNation Training Run - 12 May 2010: Against all odds!

I managed to jog yesterday evening!!! This is absolutely amazing! 3 ½ weeks since my fracture and I was actually jogging, albeit at a slow 7:44 min/km. The standard recovery time for a fracture is 6-8 weeks before any weight bearing or demanding physical activities. It looks like I maybe able to finish the adidas Sundown after all – 1 ½ hours would be do-able; 1 hour would be a stretch but we will see how much I can do over the next two weeks.

Kei Ming and Lai followed (Lian) Bee Hoon for a 45-minute hill terrain run whereas Kenny did the regular four laps around Lake Gardens. I plodded three laps although I felt strong enough for four – did not think I ought to push it at this early stage of the recovery.

No comments: