Since it was our first “get-together” and to assess me, Michael took me through a series of superset workouts for all the major muscle groups.
- Lat pulldown with BB rows
- Seated row with single arm DB row
- Wide legged squats with jumping jacks (apparently the explosive movements would help in my running; I was flippin tired doing this after the squats!)
- Life Fitness leg press with static lunges
- Nautilus chest press with shoulder press
- Abs – a combo of crunches and leg raises
I had planned on completing this morning’s workout with a 20-25 minute cardio but was forced to scrap this as the water supply went dead (again!). I was freaking cheesed off since this happened last week as well! Since the takeover by Celebrity Fitness, the gym and level of service has been deteriorating (rapidly, I may add).
Michael (and most people) was “bewildered” when I tell them I am vegan. A strict vegan. [insert more wide-eyed looks] Everyone wonders how I can manage to train, run, pole dance and yoga with a meatless and zero meat byproducts diet and is still able to develop defined muscles and remain lean. Beats me too! I guess it’s all down to the Buteyko. As with Satish, his advice was to load up on the food intake (especially carbs) and have the protein shake twice a day even on my cardio-only days.