Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Extremely slow run...if it can be considered a run

I ran an extremely slow 4.9km this morning. My average speed was 5:36 minutes/km, way below my usual 5:25-5:30 minutes/km. I don’t really have an excuse for this. I guess this is one of those days.

This morning’s weather was perfect for a run – nice and cool after last night’s downpour. The slow pace gave me more than enough time to take in the sights around Lake Gardens – the aunties with their line dancing, groups of uncles and aunties taking a stroll around the lake, one or two groups of youngsters run-walk-jog, a middle age couple power walking, a solo jogger etc.

I’m hoping that today’s timing is not a portend to this Sunday’s race. Maybe subconsciously I was taking it easy to conserve energy for the race or maybe I’m just plain tired after last weekend’s escapade to Hong Kong. My feet were literally screaming on Saturday night after a day long excursion around Citygate Tung Chung, the traipsing around Mong Kok looking for the scallop/mushroom/oysters shop and the night walk along the Avenue of Stars and Nathan Road.

No comments: