Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Reflexology

I went for my now-routine-weekly reflexology session on Sunday evening. To my surprise, a pleasant one albeit, Mr Soon answered my call and was the one to massage my feet. Apparently Mrs Soon was tired from her tutoring and had left for the day.

The upside:

  • A more experienced masseur
  • All kinks of and from the toe joint gets straightened out
  • The bruises from the pole practice earlier that day gets a rub in order to get the blood flowing
  • Very worth the price

The downside:

  • Excruciating pain
  • The ugly, angry and red coloured bruises

Now if only I could have Mr Soon do my feet every week. Then again, I don’t really mind his wife doing the reflex while he comes over at the end of the session to have a look over and massage the kinks. 2 for the price of 1!


I’m pretty glad to have discovered this place especially since Zaki from the Malaysian Association of the Blind (MAB) left the Mid Valley outlet to set up shop in Sri Petaling. Ok, maybe that was 3 years ago and I’ve yet to be able to find my way there.


I’ve yet to try the other places or centres that seem to have mushroomed in the droves in the last couple of years mainly because I’ve no idea if these are affront for more seedy activities or fly-by-night operations or any operator choosing to cash in on the latest fad. I did consider trying out Sifu Reflexology in Bangsar but never got around to it simply because I’m too lazy to head out once I’ve had my shower and dinner. This is probably one place that opens late – which suits me since I’m usually done roundabouts 9-930 pm. Plus when I put their RM50 charge next to the RM32 that Mr Soon charges me (although it’s only for 40 min), Mr Soon wins hands down. Perhaps in time I’ll get around to checking out Sifu. Or any of those places in Kota Damansara that YM has been telling me about.


Sifu and the places in Kota Damansara are staffed by Chinese nationals and I gathered the massage style is different from that practiced by Mr Soon or even Zaki. Mr Soon’s style is more of qi gong while Zaki’s a mish mash of those learnt from MAB and Chinese – now don’t ask me how these are so different.

No comments: