Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nike Human Race 2009 – 24 October 2009

It’s pure bad luck that this event is one week before the Great Eastern Women’s 10K (GE10K), else I would have signed up for it despite last year’s negative feedback (e.g. 4 – 5 hour race pack collection queue and congestion during the run or rather walk). So why does this event attract the droves like the Shape Run? Simply because your race ID or number is imprinted onto the tee itself. I did think about registering just to get the tee but $38 is bit OTT, isn’t it? Then again I also considered signing up for the Pink Ribbon 5K run and that entry is $40. So what gives???!!!

The other setback for this run is the event day being a Saturday morning which would mean that I need to be there on Friday. Ok, this is of little consequence. The Pink Ribbon 5K is also on a Saturday.

Another downside is the distance. I probably wouldn’t mind doing a 5km before the GE10K but no way could I manage 10K runs on consecutive weeks. Even the 2 week gap between the Sundown, Phuket and KL races took a huge toll on my timing.

No comments: