Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rain soaked run on 15 September 2009

I got up early this morning intending to do 2 loops but the sky opened up on me not even 1 km into the run. At the moment, I’m just hoping I don’t fall sick after this morning’s unexpected shower. Actually it was more like a downpour and the footpaths were flooded with 2-3 inches of water. Nevertheless to say my shoes weren’t spared and I was working out in the gym in water sloshed shoes.

It will probably take another 2 days before the shoes fully dry out (if I’m lucky). I’m not too keen on sunning them since god knows what damage sun and heat rays can do.

It’s because of “event” like this that I’m pretty glad to have another pair of shoes. In fact at the moment, I’ve 3 since I haven’t got around to throwing out the Adidas Adistar yet and after this morning’s incident, the shoe will really have to be downright trodden before I discard it.

This means that I got to wake up early tomorrow for the same thing because I need to clock up enough mileage for the Great Eastern Women’s 10K and Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon.

No comments: