Monday, September 7, 2009

Dried Fruits and Peanuts

I’ve been adding dried apricots, raisins and peanuts to my lunch oatmeal. It definitely makes the oatmeal taste sweeter with each mouthful and makes up for my daily intake of fruits. So when SW was in Melbourne and Tasmania over the past week, I asked her to get some dried fruits and macadamias (hey, everyone who has been there and including our resident Melbournite, Uncle Wai Sum, “imports” the nuts by the busloads).

SW texted me yesterday morning asking me to collect the dried apricots and pears and macadamias later in the evening. Unfortunately I was pretty tied up with my weekly reflexology session as well as grocery shopping. So that will have to wait till next Monday when I get back from down south. I’m pretty excited about this.

To my delight I read in an article that dried apricots are also a source of potassium – exactly what I need for my nocturnal cramps. Not that the single piece I have everyday had any positive effects but it’s bragging rights.

No comments: