Friday, September 4, 2009

Buteyko

It has been a year and a half since I started on the Buteyko breathing methodology. And the same time since turning vegan. No regrets on both decisions though the former can get in the way of things – I mean having to religiously do it everyday. Oh well, the exceptions being away especially if I don’t have the room to myself e.g. bunking with Viv or Vinz.

Thursdays and Saturdays are typically the worst days for me since I don’t have much time during the day to do the CPs – I do mini CPs throughout the day and found that it helps my MPs. I tend to do my CPs while reading the day’s papers so I spent the better part of my lunch hour CP-ing (if there was such a word!).

Somehow the Buteyko hasn’t really got easier after the initial improvement. I guess there is probably a stagnant point or limit as to how long a normal human being can hold his breath. Shilpa did tell us from the outset not to go beyond 2 minutes as the consequences could be devastating, not that I imagine anyone wanting to endure that “torture”.

Most days I just wish to get it over and done with. Keeping that in mind is probably the only way to maintain my sanity in the longest 2 minutes of my life. Which is repeated twice over during each round.

No comments: