Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Also known by its acronym “DOMS”. I didn’t really think I would get it after the Shape Run since the route was relatively flat. Phuket – yes, KL Marathon – yes; but that was because the route terrain and hills. It should hits on the day after or at the latest 2 days after a run.

My shins were pretty sore yesterday and thought I would go easy on the treadmill this morning. Easy meaning an 8.5 – 9 km/hr. How wrong my assumptions turned out! even 8.5 km/hr was a struggle, especially for the left foot. All in only 25 minutes vis-à-vis the initial plan of 1 hour. Yeah, I had big dreams.

Anyway, will see how it goes for tomorrow’s Adidas Running Community session. Sneaky feeling that I’ll do 8.5 – 9 km/hr and only 2 loops.

Hey, runs and training on the week after a race is not called recovery runs for nothing!

No comments: