Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Avenue Q

Caught the show with Vivien at Esplanade on Saturday. I actually had no idea of what it entailed except that it was about puppets and everyone who knows me knows that I’m not a big fan of animated shows. Even voiced this out to Nic and he said to go ahead and not pre-judge it. The skepticism soon disappeared and I enjoyed the show thoroughly. Hey, where in the world are you going to watch naked puppets making out on stage!!!???

Not much of a storyline but the jokes and songs were great. Definitely an adult kinds show which was why only those 16 and above were granted access. Not that there was really anything obscene or vulgar in the show. The cast were mainly Filipinos but they were good nonetheless. Despite it being the second last night of their performance, the show was a sold out. Vivien and I wondered how they managed to keep the enthusiasm alive night after night for a whole month.

No comments: