Monday, June 2, 2014

A Weekend of Lovelies

Now tell me if these doesn’t warm your heart

Grandma made these; looks like tonight’s dinner and dessert is settled. And Happy Dumpling Festival to everyone.


The ever thoughtful and charming Karen gave these to me. I’ve the best-est of the best-est friends.


And I’m sure Raymond’s entire FB community of friends have succumbed to this, yours truly included. Now tell me how I can order a carton of the chocolate flavor one as well.


I was WA-ing with Evelyn yesterday and was “poisoned” to get this.


Naturally all these decadent fare meant that this week will be or must be filled with a heavy load, starting with Legs this morning.

Supersets of:
a)    Smith machine leg squats (the trick is not to look at the weight plates so you can possibly fool yourself)
b)    Cybex weight plated loaded leg squat press (remember the advice above…before the shock sets in coz why is it heavier this week?!?! Turns out that there was a “tiny” weight plate in between the 100s)

Supersets of:
c)     KB walking lunges (hey, no obstruction today! The laundry guys got their trolleys of towels sealed and delivered before I started)
d)    Jumping squats at one end
e)    Split lunges on the other (both are guaranteed quad burning endeavours!)

Supersets of:
f)     Technogym leg extension (somewhat a fail after the 2 supersets above)
g)    Cybex prone leg curl (we don’t seem to have move much on this, weight-wise)

Supersets of:
h)    Cybex standing calf raises (this is new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever possessed Michael to include this?! My skinny chicken feet?!)
i)      Cybex Eagle Abdominal (I asked for the abs to be superset-ed with the calf raises…was pressing for time)

It’s always better to get the Legs outta the way so I could put my feet up (literally!) for the rest of the week.


I hope your weekend was as enjoyable as mine. Let me know what you were up to.

No comments: