Friday, September 6, 2013

{Track} Thursday – 5 September 2013

Route: BV-BSC

Distance: 5.01km hills + 10 * 130m



Not exactly “track” but hey it rhymes so well…



Zilch motivation + tired + zzz + looks-like-about-to-rain morning + run-buddy-heading-back-to-bed = recipe for disaster!



Literally told myself to do 1km and if things don’t pan out, we’ll turn around. First km done. The second was a killer! It was a 1km climb all the way to BSC. The third and fourth were the home stretch and I actually ran up and down the road so I could hit 5km. Yes, I’m anal like that!



What do you do when you’ve no motivation? Intervals! Since I was alone without a “coach”, that 400m turned into 100m, not even 200m! Oh well, just putting in the time and distance.



Thank goodness it only started to rain after I was done.



Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: