Thursday, July 18, 2013

Taman Seputeh Hill Training – 18 July 2013

Route: Le Chateau - Taman Desa Seputeh
Distance: 8.58km (Garmin)
Timing: 48:16 for 5:37 min/km pace

I was zzz. I was tired. I was sore.

This had to be done since my mileage has been uber minutiae (to put it mildly) lately.

Doesn’t help that this is a hilly route and I get comments like: “What to do…this is how the road is like”.

Home to train station (2.583km; 14:56)
Follow the pacer; one step in front of the other. Pacer skipped the train station so it was basically me and myself after this.

Taman Desa Seputeh loop (3.368km; 19:05)
Dodging puddles of water after the earlier rain and became a tad more comfortable and warmed up. So it’s true that the first 10 minutes are the toughest. Unless you’re in a race of course, in which case the entire 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 etc minutes are the toughest (and longest) time in your life (until your next race).

Train station to home (2.629km; 14:12)
Whoa…heavy traffic this morning but it felt good passing the stationary cars on the way UP to La Chateau. Helped that there was a motorcyclist on my heels in the only available space in the only narrowest road in KL.

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: