Friday, June 28, 2013

Five Things Friday

1. Work productivity hit an all-new-high this week! Eg this morning, call came in even before I had a chance to put down my things or sit down, only to be followed by 2 more. Am absolutely looking forward to kicking my heels back come 8pm.

2. Will probably be switching and substituting some of my gallons of H2O for 100Plus today and this weekend; nasty feeling that all those H2O chugging in the last few days = diluted salt content in body = cramping calves.

3. Look at the outrageous snaking queue in Singapore! Even more absurd when the police had to be called in. Link here. Photo credit to The New Paper.


4. Quick short nifty run around the neighbourhood as a prelude to this morning’s strength training session. Gotta take advantage of the “better conditions” while it lasts; let’s just say the gut is telling me that this respite won’t last long. Or maybe I stole a peep at the Met report for the coming weekend and week.

5. Was pressed for time and everything was supersets…and tough…and I could do nada about the grumbling stomach. No, I don’t take anything before my runs or workouts unless I’ve ludicrous desire to upchuck the contents of my stomach on the pavement or gym floor. I assure you I don’t.

Supersets of:
a) Free standing pull-ups (for which I volunteered; yes, you read that right – it was on my own free will though I regretted this come the third and fourth sets!)
b) Plate weight bendover row (high reps for this)

Supersets of:
c) LF cable lat pulldown (medium grip; nothing good after my wacko pull-ups but it got done)
d) LF cable low row

Supersets of:
e) LF cable reverse pull
f) Precor T-bar (nearly, very nearly lost my footing on the third; close call)

Supersets of:
g) Technogym cable criss cross rear delt
h) Abs roll out on Bosu (did I mentioned that my abs, obliques have been sore since Tuesday’s self service?!?!?!)

No comments: