Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Taman Megah Run and Shoulders & Delts for Tuesday

Route: Taman Megah
Distance: 5.04km (Garmin)
Timing: 27:00 for 5:21 min/km pace

So it was 5km at 5 am. Crazy early wake up call and crazy speed-up-as-much-as-you-can-in-your-groggy-state just so you can make it for a 6am training. The. Things. I. Do. In. the. Name. Of. Vanity.

The consolation (if any!) would be I’m all done and set for the day and won’t have to “stress” about getting a run or workout in. That’s of course if I can keep my eyes open for the rest of the working hours. I foresee cups and mugs and barrels of coffee.

This morning’s run was just what I needed – quite solitude to figure out a speech I’m supposed to draft (not for me!) and enjoying the quiet neighbourhood. It also helped that it was cooler after the overnight rain and the single dog out on the streets didn’t give me a bat (whew!).

First half (2.883km; 15:30)
Nice flattish start followed by a downhill to LDP which naturally meant it was a climb on km2. Shortish, nothing too tragic. Downhill again at the gas station which naturally meant it was a climb on km1 for the return journey.

Second half (2.160km; 11:28)
Move slightly away from the side of the road since it was busy at that hour to avoid the potholes and uneven surface. Second km was an up and down (literally) along the streets of the housing estate; the boom gate at the street to the house meant I had to continue further UP the road instead of turning right back home. Oh well, let’s just push it and get it over and done with.

Shoulders & Delts

Arrived all sweaty just before 6 for this workout. Lots of supersets this morning.

Single sets and dropsets of:
a) Smith machine overhead shoulder press (oddly felt tiny wee bit stronger today despite the dark o’hour)
b) DB lateral raise (my nemesis)

Supersets and dropsets of:
c) Technogym cable overhead criss cross rear delt
d) Technogym cable criss cross rear delt

Supersets of:
e) Technogym cable upright row
f) DB frontal raise
g) Abs roll out (again! I forgot to let on that I did this yesterday! Hmm…since DOMS hasn’t set in (noticed the use of “since” and not “if” given that it is a foregone conclusion), guess I could make a go at this)

Photo log (only coz pictures are required if you’re to call yourself a blogger!):

Gift voucher from a charity which I’m re-gifting to PS


Adding to my collection of HRC magnets

No comments: