Thursday, March 7, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. Kicked started Thursday with java and Butyeko; the latter was rough. Not sure what triggered that – yesterday’s diet was “clean” and the CP went well. Oh well, got it done.

2. How about a 600lbs leg squat press that was preceded by a 150lbs squat to jolt you outta your slumber? Yup, that was me during this morning uber short warm up run – I definitely need a warm up either on the elliptical or run before hitting the weights but I gathered that’s the reverse for most of you folks. To each, his own. Wokie, back to the leg pulping session (focus people, focus!)

Supersets of:
a) Smith machine BB squats (first sets always trick you into thinking it’s easier than you imagine and that’s coz the first one you do is either set 0 aka the warm up one!)
b) Cybex plate loaded leg squat press (read the first sentence of item 2 above; glutes = IOMS)

Supersets of:
c) DB walking lunges
d) Box jumps (opened my big mouth last week when we were reviewing what Adrian and I went through)

Supersets of:
e) Technogym leg extension (another rough one; ok, even climbing the stairs to the mezz floor was tough)
f) Cybex prone leg curl (new-to-me weight)

3. It’s been so hot and humid around here lately that I’m cranking up the fan (speed 4) or AC. On this too, the weather is playing havoc with my nutrition – zero appetite – and meals these days have been light (read: sandwiches).

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: