Monday, March 11, 2013

Shortened Weekend

It was a short weekend for me coz I HAD to be at a DAY LONG MANDATORY work course on Saturday – 99.99999999999% of the participants were equally bored and was there to mark time. It was probably worse for me coz apart from fighting zzz monsters (early wake-up call for a group run on DH), I was having to deal with an excruciating pain on the left calf courtesy of a pulled ligament on earlier run. Yeah you can no doubt imagine envisage my foul mood and so, to save everyone from having to deal with my sulky mood, took myself to bed at 9pm.

BEST. DECISION. EVER.

Chest & Pecs

Decided on packing a heavy duty upper body strength workout to take the edge of having to deal with the calf. Michael’s sentiments as well as it turns out.

Single sets of:
a) Smith machine incline chest press
b) Smith machine bench chest press (Adrian came by about now and came away with what “torture” someone named M puts me through)
c) Smith machine decline chest press (thank heavens we did this on the Smith else, I would have been pancake for brunch; oh yeah, the angled presses seem to sync with me, not so the 180 degree flat)

Supersets of:
d) LF cable chest fly
e) Incline push-ups (20 reps this time! Arms were shaking)

Single sets of:
f) Free-standing dips (and I had someone in a 2XU top for company in the next apparatus; WORST. THING. TO. EVER. HAPPENED. Coz he had a potbelly and with the compression top, looked like some fat bursting at the seams sausage. Ok, I’m being mean…but I couldn’t wait to finish and hit the showers!)

g) Precor AbCrunch

Back & Lats

A 24-hour weekend is definitely not the way to go! Woke up listless and dreading the workweek. Oh wait, that’s the same thing I feel every Monday! To compound matters, I decided to wear a blue shirt. The things I do to feed my neurosis and misery.

Single sets of:
a) LF cable close grip lat pull-down
b) Precor T-bar
c) LF cable short-to-medium grip low row

Supersets of:
d) KB single arm row
e) Technogym cable criss cross lat pull-down

Single set of:
f) Roller abs on instability “pillow” (whatever that’s called and it was INSTABLE throughout the 3 sets we I did).

No comments: