Monday, March 4, 2013

A run, a workout and some

Desa Waterpark Run – 4 March 2013

Route: Seputeh –Desa Waterpark
Distance: 7.75km (Garmin)
Timing: 42:26 for 5:28 min/km pace

Fourth straight day of running – this has to be a world record (in my books!)!!!! I didn’t realize this until I looked at the data – no wonder the hips were tight and not a happy camper yesterday. Oh yeah, today’s run was preceded by a long run on Saturday and a race yesterday. Definitely the way to roll, eh?

First half (3.869km; 21:17)
Slow going as we warmed up the engine. Nothing memorable about this section although the short road leading to the waterpark near the turnaround is now lighted – guessing there’s some good/aftermath of the police shootout.

Second half (3.879km; 21:05)
Again, nothing memorable unless you count stopping twice at the traffic lights – this is unusual for me since I’ve always been “lucky” when it comes to them. Oh yeah, the headwinds along Old Klang Road. The headwinds! The headwinds!

Back Workout

This was yesterday’s Back & Lats workout and yours truly was cray cray enough to pencil it in after a race. YMM run in Cheras and one word describes it best: “farked up”. Story for another post.

Michael and I are ramping things up. Wait, that’s not new, is it? And I nearly threw up even before we started. Literally. Somehow the scone I scarfed down after the run didn’t agree too much with me.

Supersets of:
a) Free-standing pull-ups (instead of 12, 10, 10, 10 reps, we Michael went for broke. You fill up the blanks yourself!)
b) BB bendover row

Single set and dropsets of:
c) LF cable lat pulldown (the mother of lats! 8 at progressive overload was more than enough!)

Supersets of:
d) LF upper row (horrifyingly heavy!)
e) LF rear delt row

Single set of:
f) LF cable cross over reverse pull-overs with iron bar (this is so much better for execution when you’ve your back against the pillar!)

Supersets of:
g) Precor AbCrunch
h) DB single bendover row (dem! I thought we were done with backs at (f). I thought wrong)

My secretary passed me these coz she claims to be “gagging” on them; yeah passing the buck to me since “I’m vegan and it’s organic and suitable for vegans…”. Will it a go with my protein shake after my workouts – guessing it should work out alright. Anyone wants a tin – doubt I’ll be able to go thru 2 tins and it’s not coz of the potential “gag” factor. Hit me up.

No comments: