Monday, February 18, 2013

Recovery Run {or so was the plan} – 18 February 2013

Route: Seputeh – Taman Desa
Distance: 6km (Garmin: 5.96km)
Timing: 33:26 for 5:36 min/km pace

This was going to be a slow easy recovery run since it was going to be the third straight day of hill training – Saturday was the DH and yesterday being the Carbon Free Sunday event. Oddly, my legs surprised me. I mean they could actually hack up a 5+ min pace instead of the 6 I was expecting. Ok, folks, perhaps it’s time to get out there and buy a lottery!

Seputeh – foot of Taman Desa (1.713km; 10:12)
Both of us planned to keep it easy after the weekend’s overload, so it was a really slow going. looks like Kenny was more poofed out than me since he dropped back even before we got to the junction. No, I swear, crossed my heart that I was really going easy!

Climb to Taman Desa hilltop (1.762km; 10:16)
Plodding along, easy pace. No labored breathing this week!

Taman Desa hilltop – to Old Klang Road via furniture mall (1.682km; 8:30)
My favourite section – wheezing down the hills although did had a momentarily panic attack near the apartments. Spinning downhill by the cars parked at the road side and was sacred by a shadow. My. Own. Friggin. Shadow. As. It. Turns. Out.

Old Klang Road to house (0.801km; 4:24)
Pushed along by the tailwinds from the vehicles along Old Klang Road until the last 500m. Oh boy, this was tough and the quads were screaming at me! Anyway, got it done, done and done.

How did your Monday start?

No comments: