Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Amazing Weekend in HK

Looks like it’s back to the grind after taking 2 days off. Psst…had an amazing weekend in HK. Let’s see, first it volunteering at Vibram HK100 (HK100) on Saturday (day long event) and after that a race in Shatin the following morning. Oh and throw in lots of walkabout and shopping into the equation. But everything was so worth it – surprising everyone at HK100; do you know how uber difficult to keep all my plans under wraps for weeks?!?!?! Enough of talking, fingers doubly crossed, hope to upload the pics sometime this week and share with everyone.

Now after all the excitement and probably the 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 steps I took since Friday, the feet, legs and basically all my lower limbs were not happy campers when I went out for a run at 5 this morning. I felt like and was a slow poke during this morning’s recovery run. Thank heavens, it was a Back & Lats day though I probably swallowed my words at 6. Yeah, it was an early day.

Supersets of:
a) Free standing pull-ups (nothing like this to kick start the early O morning)
b) KB deadlifts (Michael made me stand on the footholds of the pull-ups/chin-ups “contraption”; I was probably more afraid of toppling over the workout!)

Supersets of:
c) KB bendover rows (same MO as (b); same fear; btw, the gym has replaced or added on new KBs just in the nick of time for Michael to decide we should really upz the weight hold)
d) Hoist lat pulldown (someone said the weight was “just nice” and I had the urge to punch that someone in the face; consider yourself warned of my violent nature especially at 6 in the morning; #fairGame)

Single set of:
e) LF cable low row (“oh no, not at all, the weight is just fine by me”; #LieOfTheYear; looks like I used up my brownie points for 2013)

Supersets of:
f) Technogym cable dual handle lat pull-down
g) Technogym cable reverse pull-up aka back pressdown

And we were still not done! FTW! I was “dying” and we still had some ways to go.

Supersets of:
h) Technogym cable rear delt
i) Leg raises

No comments: