Sorry for the recent hiatus. It’s been work, work, work around these parts of the woods. Did managed to get my workouts in and I’m still not running in case you were wondering. And it now appears I’ve a swollen left ankle – tell me that this nightmare is ending NOW! I. Kid. You. Not. I tackle the hip problem and then something else appears. Did someone cast a spell on me or what?!?!?!?! Look, this is not a cheerful post and I’m tired of keeping up pretence. And nothing, nada, zilch has worked. Prayers. Not working. Hope. Gone.
Here’s what this week played out to be:
1. Long elliptical cross training in the gym due to swollen ankle.
2. Long walk-shuffle to Kampung Pasir and short elliptical cross training.
3. Back & Biceps with Amir and my biceps have been DOMS-ing till now. It was an intense session, no doubt about that, and to ensure a “productive” session, dude put me on weight stacks that he NORMALLY does. He. Not me. Not for an ordinary gal.
a) Free-standing pull-ups (I volunteered. Again. I. Am. Outta. My. Mind.)
b) BB bendover row
c) LF lat pulldown (FTW! Started with heaviest weight ever and kept it static)
d) LF cable low row (repeat above)
e) Technogym pulldown (repeat above)
f) Technogym low row (repeat above)
g) Cybex upper back row
h) Technogym criss-cross handle lat pulldown
i) Precor bicep curl (do this if you want DOMS!)
j) Technogym cable bicep curl with iron bar (this was a combo for the back…and my biceps which were already jello turned mushy)
4. Long walk at Taman Desa Seputeh and Chest & Triceps with Fikri. Yes, a new “boyfriend” workout buddy this week. I probably did more triceps yesterday compared to this whole year!
Single sets of:
a) Cybex chest press
b) Circuit Trainer chest press
c) Freemotion cable upper cut chest fly
d) Technogym cable chest fly
e) DB tricep kickbacks
f) BB French press/skullcrusher
g) Plate weighted dips
I finished off with some roller abs on the Bosu my own after that. Hooking up with Fikri tomorrow though I'm not sure what we'll be working on.
5. Another long elliptical cross training in the gym before an early morning meeting.