Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Taman Desa Seputeh Hill Training – 16 October 2012

Route: 2 laps around Taman Desa Seputeh + 1 lap around Taman Seputeh
Distance: 2 * 4km + 2km = 10km (Garmin: 9.79km)
Timing: 54:47 for 5:35 min/km pace

One of those sucky run days. Here’s what was stacked against me this morning

a) Recovery run after the weekend’s higher-than-usual mileage, including a double run day.

b) Humid and warm – I just had to run on the one day it didn’t rain overnight! Why can’t we have weather like the past week?!?!?!?

c) Solo run as Kenny was tired and didn’t sleep well – no carrot to chase.

d) Nutrition problem? Thinking of revamping the diet; have a feeling that I’ve been losing weight and it’s not good!

e) Low mileage since the accident.

f) Work stress.

g) Nerve problem – the nightmare from Cambridge is back and was “reactivated” during the accident. Hence the slower times these couple of weeks; it’s right there staring in my face and I can’t ignore it anymore. This is the most difficult to deal with without heading back to the university’s neurology clinic. For this reason alone, I may opt to not run; it’s worrying when you can’t feel your foot especially on traffic heavy roads and I always have an-accident-waiting-to-happen at the back of mind.

Who knows.

No comments: