Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sore Quads and Glutes for Sure!

We were only half way through yesterday’s session and my glutes were already “wailing”. No wait, that’s my eyes. I really did want to bawl my eyes out. Leg workouts are my least favourite and I dread it ALL. THE. TIME. Michael was is a tough taskmaster. And to think I head back week after week.

Supersets of:
a) Smith machine squats (high reps; do-able which naturally portends that things will be arduous going forward)
b) Cybex plate loaded leg squat press (splendid start, huh?!?!?!?!)

Supersets of:
c) Technogym leg extension
d) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Abductor
e) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Adductor

Single sets of:
f) Technogym leg press (my glutes were quivering just setting up the heels on the board!)
g) Cybex prone leg curl
h) Cybex Eagle Abdominal

A {Different Kinda} Date with the Hills – 9 August 2012

Route: 1 lap around Taman Desa + 1 lap around Taman Desa Seputeh
Distance: 6km + 4km = 10km (Garmin: 9.72km)
Timing: 50:59 for 5:14 min/km pace

Missed (ok, it was intentional!) yesterday evening’s adiNation Training (there was a duel between Boss and Daniel Tan; rematch with Prakash next week!) as the quads and glutes were in no shape or form for any sort of training. I was practically dragging my feet the whole day. Plus a last minute work assignment came in. In fact, this morning’s date with Kenny was a hit or miss. Well, from the results, it was a hit! Not that it felt that way during the climbs!

Taman Desa Lap (5.958km; 31:14)
Kenny was exhausted after last night’s futsal and I suggested we do the 6km route and I’ll finish up the 4 on the own later. His suggestion: 2 laps of 6 for a GRAND TOTAL of 12km. Yeah right! I can’t do loops for crying out loud and I certainly can’t do 12km. Not on Angry Bird quads and glutes!

Warming up in the first km and Kenny dropped back. The second and third were on the flattish Old Klang Road with tail winds, hence the 5-ish min/km splits. Oh well, might as well enjoy it before the 2km climb on Jalan Desa and it was a climb. Angry Bird making an multiple appearances. I wonder why I put myself through this too! Then I remembered…the drop off from the “cliff” is super duper awesome!

Taman Desa Seputeh Lap (3.344km; 17:31)
This was a “let’s get this over and done with” lap. It was brighter by now and there were more people walking about, including Uncle with the dog (just one today). Bumped into him on km2 climb to the Mutiara Seputeh apartments – huffing and puffing, ya know…the usual and could only manage a wave when he said “Good Morning”.

Home stretch from the train station to house (0.412km; 2:08)
Continuing with the theme of “let’s get this over and done with” and G-dammed (pardon the French! I’m typically a nice Christian girl) nearly tripped on the puppy on Kenny street. Fella was super excited and ran right in front and across of me as I was speeding to the finish.

Thursday’s Mantra: 3Rs - Rest, Re-hydrate, Re-fuel.

No comments: