Friday, August 10, 2012

Five Things Friday

1. Up at the crack of dawn (way too early!) for quiet time with Cappuccino and catching up on news before yoga love.


2. Things are looking pleasant (so far!) in the office with very few people around and no crisis or fires to put out. It’ll be even quieter the week after next with the Raya celebrations. What about things on your end? Speaking of Raya, here’s what has been floating around the office: pineapple tarts! Not that I can partake in them.


3. I felt like some Bak Chang (dumpling wrapped in leaves for non-Chinese readers – see pic from Hat Yai and you get the idea) yesterday in my compression tights under my dress. Sexy, I know! But hey, the glutes felt so much better or more aptly, less sore this morning. <blatant lie> Not so the quads and inner thighs – I think it wasn’t tight enough around these areas. Did I just confessed to having a large bum on a public forum?!?!?!?!

4. Bento Box Lunch: Sautéed noodles with assorted veg


5. Success! One of those rare days where the workouts felt “effortless” (note the inverted commas), do-able and generally great. Even the pull-ups/chin-ups. <blatant lie>

Supersets of:
a) Free standing pull-ups (alright on my own except for the last 2 reps) <blatant lie>
b) Hoist lat pulldown

Single sets of:
c) Deadlift (whoa! Grip was a major problem here)
d) LF cable reverse pull-ups or my speak: back pressdown. Whatever.
e) LF cable low row (it got heavier but the form got better) <blatant lie>
f) DB bendover row (upping the weights since I felt “strong”) <blatant lie>

Supersets of:
g) Crunches with plate weight (yeah, to toughen up and better define the “fishballs”. <blatant lie> Who am I kidding?!?!?! It’s just one slab of fat.)
h) Leg raises

No comments: