Wednesday, August 15, 2012

2 days to go!

Everyone excited about the long weekend coming up? It’ll be a staycation for this gal and from the FB, Whatsapps, BBM and text messages so far, this weekend could prove to be more hectic than any other workweek! What are your plans?

And so, we were back to thrashing the legs this morning; actually Michael gave me a break because I didn’t think we went “super heavy and please stab me RIGHT NOW” mode. Let’s see

Single set of:
a) EPIC hack squat

Supersets of:
b) Cybex plate weight loaded leg squat press (guess where we started this morning? Upz 90-100lbs from the “usual” and it kept going up. BTW, did I mention that the first set was 20 reps?!?!?!?!)
c) Cybex seated calf raise

Supersets of:
d) Technogym leg extension (like I said, I got a {lucky} break this morning on this)
e) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Abductor (unfortunately, that break didn’t extend to this one or the one after)
f) Nautilus Nitro Plus Hip Adductor

Single sets of:
g) Technogym leg press (yeah, double leg presses are the norm these days and as usual, on the last and/or second last set, we had to ask someone else to help push off on the first rep. This morning, Rocky was the “victim” and I think Michael gave him a shock when he saw the weight stack! That’s Rocky…me...Mr Technogym ate me alive! Back up: the glutes were on the hinges of DOMS on the first leg press, so this workout sealed the deal.)
h) Cybex prone leg curl
i) Cybex Ab Crunch

Have been incorporating more variety into dinners, at least on the veg front. instead of the humdrum of spinach and kale (I’m boring!), I’ve been using snap peas, peas, long beans, cabbage, lettuce, carrots (colours!), corn (colours!), baby corn (colours!), radishes etc in my stir fries. Also making appearances and joining their counterparts (tofu, soy sausages) are mushrooms (usual, Shitake, button), bean curd sheets etc. Thinking of bringing back beans and lentils next week or once the Raya dinner invites are over. Here’s last night’s fare.

No comments: