Monday, July 30, 2012

Raising the Bar

Michael and I are ramping up the weight training workouts this month to avoid the dreaded plateau and get me stronger and fitter. Yesterday was a Shoulder routine and we followed this with Backs & Lats this morning. Heavier plate weights and different workouts.

Shoulder Workout after the Pacemakers Malaysia’s Anniversary Run v8 2012 Series 1 (PAR8)

Single sets of:
a) Freemotion cable overhead shoulder press
b) Nautilus Nitro Plus overhead shoulder press
c) DB lateral raise
d) Technogym cable rear delt
e) DB bendover rear delt row
f) Technogym cable upright row

Supersets of:
g) Leg raises (we’re repeating this because I mentioned to Michael that my lower abs have been sore since Saturday – this is very rare for me, like 0.00000000000001% probability. I should have zipped up!)
h) Roller abs

Back & Lats Workout which I thought of swapping this for a Chest & Pec because my back was sore after Chayy “beat and ironed” the h*** out of it yesterday evening (nope, not complaining – I needed it more than ever!) but that’s just postponing the inevitable and it wasn’t that “sore” except for one spot.

Supersets of:
a) LF lat pulldown
b) DB bendover row

Supersets of:

c) LF cable low row
d) Plate weight bendover row (again!!!!)
 
Single sets of:
e) Cybex rear delt row
f) Nautilus Nitro Plus back extension
g) Nautilus Nitro Plus rear delt fly
h) Freemotion cable dual handle back pressdown (or reverse pull-ups. Whatever)
i) Cybex Eagle Abdominal
j) Precor bicep curl (this was an afterthought!!! We were walking towards the shower area and Michael spotted this and asked if I wanted to do “one more”. Silence. More deadly silence. Ok, you’re doing it. Crap!)

“Suck it up buttercup” was yesterday and today’s theme…hence the lack of whining. Ok, so we’re ramping things up…I should be increasing my repertoire of arsenals.


Time to get working on the PAR8 recap.

No comments: