Friday, March 2, 2012

Five Things Friday

1. Half a workday to go before the weekend. Double thumbs up. Nah, nothing “exciting” or any trips planned. Hey, it’s the weekend. Enough. Said.

2. Someone at work is being an a**h*** or prick or whatever. Let’s just leave it as it is. Just wanted to rant. Oh, on the work front…I’m back to wearing work shoes after a week long hiatus. I miss ya so much! There’s just something sexy and uplifting about wearing a 3” or 4” pair of stilettos. Ok, the uplifting is a given.

3. I’m sick or will be full blown by the weekend; have been trying to hold off the scratchy throat and hacking from turning into a flu. Wish me luck! Which is why I’ll be hibernating this weekend.

4. Bento Box Challenge. Slight twist today – here’s what I brought for tea: Chinese pastry with black sesame seed filling from Tong Kee. I brought lunch too but thought these were too pretty (my photography skill worked for once this week!) to not include here.


5. Something went wrong…I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Sheesh someone please give me a shake to tell me this is real:

4 Supersets of:
a) Smith machine standing overhead shoulder press (60lbs * 2. “Died-ed”. Make that "died-ed" 10 times over. Thank you very much.)
b) Single arm DB lateral raise

4 Supersets of:
c) BB frontal raise
d) DB overhead shoulder press (from hammer position at starting) (another toughie, especially after (a)…and (c)…oh well, let’s just throw in (b) as well)

Supersets of:
e) TRX rear delt opening (does it read "wrong"???? I don't know how to describe it but if anyone has a better term, let me know!)
f) Technogym cable criss cross rear delt

Supersets of:
g) Technogym cable upright row
h) Abs crunches on fit ball (we did the midway version and Michael was sure to put his hand on my bas to make sure I hit his hand hard)
i) BB bicep curl (stupid left arm…weak!)

Yup, shoulders and bicep ONLY. Did the legs just do a workout on their own? I must have missed the memo! Ok, on a more serious note, how much of strength training do you do for legs (quads, hammie, glutes, calves)? Or none at all? Since you’re running (major presumption here).

No comments: