Monday, March 12, 2012

Awesome weekend

Had a blast of a weekend with started with an easy chit-chat pace run with KK, Adam, Vijay and Baghwan on Saturday and culminated last night with dinner with Kei Ming and Chia Ee. Kei Ming was a gem and bought us dinner – it was also a celeb to toast his earlier win at the Run for Sight. Good job Wong sifu!


At Mu Jin Jang Korean Restaurant






Saturday – 10 March 2012

Easy Shake Out Run
Route: DH
Distance: 10.55km (Garmin)
Timing: 57:19 for 5:25 min/km pace

Nothing on schedule and there were very few runners at BA on Saturday morning – most were taking the day off in preparation for the following morning’s Brooks Half Marathon 2012. I had the option of doing the DH with Adam or going long with the rest and I was in 2 minds over this until the turn off for DH. We started off slow and the first 1-2km was spent catching up with each other. Unfortunately just after 1.5-2km mark, I found myself on my own even though I kept the pace slow. While it was generally an easy shake out run, the climbs at km6 and km9-10 should never be underestimated. Just saying.

Some errands in the morning and the rest of the day was spent chilling out at home.

Sunday – 11 March 2012

Brooks Half Marathon 2012
Route: Fun Run 5km around Bukit Jalil
Distance: 5km (Garmin: 6.17km)
Timing: 29:18 for 4:44 min/km pace (Garmin)

Race recap to follow later. Longest 29 min of my life? Generally everything went well except the finishing/prize presentation…this was the bummer and I was probably close to “hysterical” (I can be dramatic sometimes. every time.)since I was meeting Michael at 10am. Thankfully, it all came together, by a whisker!

Chest Workout
Short run but the quads were shox and I would have strangled Michael if he so much as suggest we work on legs. He did, however, mentioned “back” which I vetoed. No, I did not roll the 5km (btw, it was 6.2km…the course was long) on the back but there was some fatigue and lower energy levels. Plus if it had been backs-and-lats, you would have been subjected to more of my whining. Wait, I take that back because we did work those lats this morning!

All single sets of:
a) Smith machine bench chest press
b) Smith machine incline chest press
c) LF cable chest fly
d) Decline push-ups

Supersets of:
e) Free-standing dips
f) Hoist chest press (we definitely had to keep the weight bar low here since all I could about do was move the handle 1inch otherwise)

Single set of:
g) Leg raises

Oh and that low energy thingy…it went away. Sort of. Or maybe it’s all in the mind because we loaded up quite a fair bit on the earlier workouts. Yes, DOMS is here, if you’re interested. Which naturally, you're not.

Monday – 12 March 2012

Back-and-lats Workout

Postponing the inevitable but hey a 24-hour respite from backs (read: pull-ups) is worth it. Especially after a great dinner (read: goss session).

All single sets of:
a) LF cable lat pull-down
b) LF cable low row
c) Precor T-bar row
d) LF cable dual handle back row
e) Roman chair
f) {The I’m-so-“lovin”-it} free-standing pull-ups
g) Technogym cable reverse pull-ups
h) Reverse abs crunches

Remember the pic I was telling you about…ya know…the one in the car park…apparently it’s on FB. I don’t have the link but I’m sure the more tech-savvy guys out there should be able to find it. Will pass it along if I find it.

Bento Box Challenge: Brought some baby carrots (with hummus) and an apple to go with my sandwich today. Yeah, boring and mundane like me.

No comments: