Friday, December 30, 2011

Five Things Friday

1. Sloth shall be the theme today through the extended weekend. Nothing planned except for a New Year’s Day dinner at YS’ house and a pampering session at the hands of Chayy on Monday. Life is good.

2. Oh maybe some yoga to kick start the year. Shahira is leading a class on Sunday morning (6 am) – Surya Namaskar 108 – at Shilpa’s place. She’s raising funds for a home in Nepal. Come along. I might make it a Yoga Weekend – Richard’s on Saturday and Monday (alternatively, Volker) and Shahira’s on Sunday. It’s nice not having a training plan and kickback and enjoy some “down time”.

3. Whose shoes I wouldn’t like to be in now: KM, SF and Ash. They’re getting something like 1 vaccination every month to July in preparation for their move to Texas. I’m excited for them and more excited for me because it means I could visit them in Xmas and New Year. Perhaps a Rock n Roll Houston or Dallas or any of the local races is in store. Recommendations people!

4. Cruising through the last work day for the year and by that, I mean it’s so laid back here in the office that you could hear a pin drop. No wait, you can’t hear that since the place is carpeted. Go ahead, hate me if you’re swamped with work! Sorry, I’m being mean. Anyway, I suspect this might just go on till CNY.

5. I’m thinking of asking Michael to switch the leg workouts to the beginning or mid of the week. My energy level tends to wane as the week progresses and having legs on Fridays make me frustrated when I can’t push heavier. Huh? You don’t believe me? The recent few weeks workouts? Probably fluke shots.

4 Supersets of:

a) Smith machine squats

b) Cybex plate loaded leg squat press (thank you Michael for “killing” me with 290lbs…on each side…so that makes it a total of what? 580lbs? I’ll be walking like a crab this weekend.)

Supersets of:

c) Smith machine BB overhead shoulder press (what? That first set didn’t count???!!!)

d) DB lateral raise (left shoulder is still SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than his twin)

e) Cybex seated calf raises

Supersets of:

f) Hoist leg extension

g) Hoist seated leg curl

h) Kettle bell walking lunges (30lbs up and down the length of the gym and the view of the other end of the gym seemed never ending; we decided to drop the weights for the return journey; hey 60lbs is probably 80% of my weight…it’s no fun lugging around another body across the floor!)

Supersets of:

i) Freemotion cable criss cross for rear delt

j) Leg raises

Tell me about your plans for the weekend. Hit me up for a meetup – tea, dinner, supper etc or a run slow turtle pace run or yoga if you guys are planning anything.

p/s: No, I don't hate Michael or want to kill him...in case anyone decides to call the police. In fact, he's the love of my life. Thanks to him, I've a super bod (or at least I think I do or would like to think I do - humour me here, ok?! After all, it's the holidays). Smile

No comments: