Wednesday, November 30, 2011

1000 Miles and Beyond

It snuck up on during Monday’s run that I had hit 1,000 miles for the year. Just pure running and walking, no converted miles from elliptical-ing or biking (I don’t even have a bike!). Yes, the thought of converting elliptical miles into “miles” did cross my mind earlier in the year when I signed up for Tall Mom’s 1000 Miles Challenge. At that point, it seemed monumental to hit 1,600km (1,000 miles) when I only managed to wave to 900+ km in 2010. As the days, weeks and months went by, I saw the numbers creeping up steadily – I didn’t up the mileage excessively or did it consciously. It was more a byproduct of training 2-3 times a week with Kenny, running with Ronnie, Aron, Kei Ming, KK, Malcalm, Vijay, SW & HTN and everyone in the PM family, continuing with the group runs and a progression from a casual to more serious training i.e. increased focus, upping the long runs from 10-12km (yes, I kid you not) to 15-20km, hill trainings, easy and recovery runs, being more comfortable and relaxed during runs etc. My run training have grown; I have grown; it has been a wonderful year and I’m looking forward to many more miles next year and beyond.

Other news

Back workout with Michael this morning. It’s funny how much has changed in my workouts too. Between backs and chest/pecs, I used to favour the former or it somewhat seemed easier; these days, the chest sessions don’t stress me out as much as the backs. Yes, I do stress over my workouts or rather my inability to do it a.k.a. can’t lift heavier or doing it in the proper form which of course, sounds silly when you see it since that’s what training sessions are for. Like running, I’ve learnt that to be able to complete the workouts in proper form or lift heavier, I need to relax into it - it worked during the T-bar row this morning!

4 Single sets of:

a) Hoist lat pulldown

b) LF cable bend over row with iron bar (medium grip)

4 Supersets of:

c) Cybex T-bar row

d) Reverse pull-ups

4 Single sets of:

e) DB bend over row

f) Technogym cable frontal pull-up

Single set of:

g) Reverse abs crunches

No comments: