Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Updates

It would be an extended weekend for most folks since a lot (like 95%!) took the day off to co-join the next 3 days of public holidays (Tuesday – Thursday). Yeah, Uncle Peter’s jaw felled when he found out that I’ll be around this week!

LSD – Saturday, 27 August 2011

Attendees:

a) Boss Ronnie

b) Hooi Siah

c) Kei Ming

d) Fong

e) Adam

f) Aron

g) Stanley (DH/11km)

Distance: 2*9.66km 19.32km (Garmin: 19.3 km)

Timing: 1:44:50 for 5:25 min/km pace

Lap 1 – 9.61km – 54:10

I’m not one to glance at my watch or track splits since it stresses me out. Nope, I didn’t track the numbers here – lifted it off Aron AFTER the run. There was some headwind as we approach Hartamas Shopping Center, no make that a very strong headwind…so strong that Ronnie also commented on it.

Lap 2 – balance of what’s shown on the Garmin i.e. 9.69km – 50:40

This was a net downhill and hence the positive split although I think by the time you crossed the 10km mark, downhill feels like uphill. It did for me and I still have trouble finishing the last 1km though I must say the cramps stayed away. Thank goodness.

Oh, Ronnie is planning a triple dosage of LSDs this week and since I’m not suicidal (last I checked!), (a) if I attempt any of those training, I’m NOT following him or (b) downgrade to the Double Hill route although if you read further on, this is not that much palatable either.

Double Hill – Sunday, 28 August 2011

Distance: 10.8km (Garmin died of juice around km9, so estimate is based on previous records)

Timing: 58:18 for 5:23 min/km pace

Aron and I set out for this run slightly later than usual (around 7:20 am) and let me reiterate this – there was nothing easy about hill training! It has been so long since I did this that I forgot about the “horrors” of Bukit Tunku inclines. Well, I was sorely reminded of this at km6-7 and to ensure I don’t forget again, at km9. And guys, never ever attempt hill training the following day after an LSD. This was definitely not a recovery run for sure! I even had trouble during Richard’s class after this…and that was a 101 class!

Monday’s Back-and-Chest routine

Supersets of:

a) Hoist lat pulldown

b) Hoist chest press

Supersets of:

c) Smith machine incline chest press

d) LF cable low row

Supersets of:

e) DB chest fly (lying down on bench position)

f) Precor T-bar row

Supersets of:

g) DB pullover

h) LF cable back pressdown with iron bar

Supersets of:

i) LF cable bicep curl with iron bar

j) LF cable tricep pressdown with rope

Single sets of:

k) Precor abs crunch

No comments: