Friday, August 5, 2011

Five Things Friday

1. Can’t wait for the day to end! It has been a trying week; yesterday was especially difficult simply because I was tired and fatigued (think there was a problem with my rest and refueling after Wednesday’s double). Definitely looking forward to the weekend, an extended weekend I might add! It’ll be R&R from Sunday morning to Monday afternoon; don’t anyone buzz or bug me! Actually, make that Friday evening to Monday evening.

2. Speaking of this weekend, this weekend’s meals should prove interesting and exceptional from my standard fare. Ok, maybe minus Saturday since I need to eat “clean” but all hats are off after Sunday’s run! Hint: tom yam guong or the vegan version if they have that. Will post pictures next week.

3. Buteyko went better today compared to yesterday. Sure the first set was challenging…nothing out of the ordinary since the system needs to warm up. Didn’t think yesterday’s diet was any different from the previous days but I was purging on all 4 sets. TMI! Anyway, I felt so much lighter and “clean” when I finally finished.

4. Super parched jawline. Help! Looks like the Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer is not working. Don’t tell me only La Mer…le sigh. I’m thinking of checking out Olay Regenerist – it’s one of the recommended face cream on “Style” and “Red” (I think). Else, I’m open to suggestions.

5. It was legs-and-shoulders this morning. Yesterday’s hands-off training/run helped although Michael commented that I did look worn out and sleepy. The sleepiness, yes, a bit but physically, I felt great.

Supersets of:

a) Smith machine squats

b) Cybex plate loaded leg squat (glutes will ache…guaranteed!)

c) BB overhead shoulder press

Supersets of:

d) Hoist leg extension

e) DB lateral raise (15lbs!!!)

f) Hoist seated leg curl

Supersets of:

g) TRX pull-up for rear delt

h) DB walking lunges (yeah, definitely feeling the glutes here too!)

i) Technogym criss cross cable for overhead pull-down/shoulders

Supersets of:

j) Abs crunches on fitball

k) Plank on fitball

No comments: