Thursday, August 4, 2011

adiNation Training Run – 3 August 2011

adiNation Training Run – 3 August 2011

Attendees:

a) “Boss” Ronnie

b) Group Lead Kei Ming (walked with cutie nephew)

c) Jeff

d) Aron

e) KK

f) Vijay

g) Adam

h) Malcalm

i) Wern Tian (ran on his own)

Distance: 5 laps * 2.3km = 11.5km (Garmin: 11.45km)

Timing: 1:09:41 for 6:05 min/km pace

Laps 1 - 4

It was a chit chat pace since KK wanted to talk and kept us in check. Since we started earlier, we didn’t have Ronnie breathing down our backs! Ronnie and Jeff joined us on lap 2…for about 5 meters before taking off. LOL! Malcalm joined the gang in lap 3 while Wern Tian was spotted or rather passed us in the same lap. Most of the laps (1-3) were in the 14-15 minute range – like I said, super easy jog. Vijay, Aron and I did speed up in lap 4 but it was still a comfortable 12 minute pace/lap. It was during this point that Vijay asked the group if anyone was going for another lap. I was up for it since the first few laps were so easy and I had more than enough in the tank. KK, Adam and Malcalm dropped off as we rounded lap 4.

Lap5

Vijay and Aron decided to increase pace…like REALLY INCREASE the pace and by 100 meter, was ahead of me by a LOT! I found out later that their lap time was around 9-10 minutes. Holy smokes! But hey, topping off the session with a fast lap was good, although my definition of fast is 11 minutes.

I was extremely tired when I woke up this morning – yesterday’s double hard paced cross training on the Precor elliptical and increased mileage in the evening did me in. Yeah, that was why there was no post yesterday – didn’t think I could write a half page of my attempt on the elliptical nor think anyone was interested. Oh you wanted to know why I was cross training instead of strength training? Why didn’t you say so?! Aarrgh… the story (not much so) was Michael had to attend to the gym break-in and had to cancel. We’re still meeting up tomorrow morning for our regular session; don’t think I can make my way there this evening for a makeup session. I’m trying to listen to my body – rest, rehydrate and refuel today.

Workout this morning:

a) 60 min Cybex Arc Trainer elliptical cross trainer at an easy pace; bailed out on Kenny because I was extremely tire

b) Sun salutations A and B

No comments: