Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mid week

It has been a busy morning here at the office and I’m only now getting some breathing space. First up, good news on the tooth – nothing major except that the space where the third molar (a.k.a. wisdom tooth) is supposed to come up was lodged with food particles etc, hence the inflammation and pain when chewing. Sorry TMI! Anyway, they did an “irrigation” plus the usual scaling and polishing. Since I was there, some fillings for the rest – to make them look complete. Sorry TMI! Unfortunately the bill came up to my entire year’s allowance and more! This is what you get when you take SW’s advice and go the highest paid dentist in town (or country I suspect!). Anyway, I’m mighty pleased everything has been sorted out.

I got in relatively early this morning (for me!) – sometime after 8:40 a.m. and had a lull of about half an hour before things started to get come in in droves. It has been that way till about 15 minutes ago. Michael and I worked on the legs and shoulders this morning; ok, a lot of legs. Here’s what we did:

Single sets of:

a) EPIC hack squat (4 sets since the first one counts as “appetizer”)

Supersets of:

b) Hoist leg extension

c) Kettlebell sumo squat (we switched to a single one because the double was just too heavy and I felt I was working my arms more than the glutes)

Supersets of:

d) Hoist seated leg curl

e) Split lunges (I found that I actually smiled towards the end of the reps for sets 2 and 3! Of course, that was after I discovered I needed to relax and slow it down. Yeah, it took me that long to figure this out!)

Supersets of:

f) Cybex seated leg raises

g) DB standing overhead shoulder press

Supersets of:

h) DB lateral raise

i) DB frontal raise (the 20lbs was too heavy and the balancing was precarious; hence the switch to the DB)

Single sets of:

j) Abs crunches on fit ball (after failing to “execute” leg raises on the fit ball. Le sigh.)

No comments: