Friday, July 15, 2011

Five Things Friday

1. Thursday was a mucky day for me. As in it was downright trodden. I went to bed super stressed. I woke up this morning super stressed. I went through the session super stressed. So what was it? Or what were they? First, I got a message from Diane that she’s no longer available on Sundays and the only possible slots are on Saturday mornings. E-yikes! I definitely can’t detox before a run; I’m going to see if it will be possible to go in on Sunday evenings. Else, anyone has recommendations for sports massage therapists? Things in the office started unraveling after that – it’s the deal we’re working on – sorry, can’t disclose the details but it’s really and only about RM14,000. Le sigh.

2. Kenny buzzed me last night and urged me to join him for the Relay for Life tomorrow evening. Sure, it sounds enticing but I’m not trained for it. Even if I do a slow jog or walk the entire 10 hours (which is very unlikely!), the risk of injury is high – repetitive use of the same muscles for 10 hours will surely have an impact (it’ll be loops around the university stadium!).

3. It’s YM’s birthday tomorrow and I’m thinking of arranging a dinner/dessert meet up with the guy on Sunday. It’s been ages since we last met – more than 6 months?

4. The dry, flaky skin syndrome is back! Same area – sides of cheek near the jawline and the forehead. This doesn’t seem to be working. The alternative would be this (gagging myself on the price tag!).

5. The gym brought in some new machines and Michael put me through some of them this morning. They are from the Matrix brand and have counters to let you know the numbers of reps PERFORMED CORRECTLY and the total amount of time spent on the set. Now…I have a major issue with the former because it stresses me out looking at the numbers…which is why I do not look at my Garmin during a run. So you keep doing the rep a.k.a. full range instead of halfway (or in less elegant speak: cheating your way through) until you hit the number of reps you set out, in my case, 15. Michael said that the weights or rather the machine are slightly heavier or tougher because on a full rack, he could only manage 1 or 2 reps. Looks like I have my work cut out for me in the next few weeks…or months.

Supersets of:

a) LF assisted chin-ups

b) LF assisted dips (yeah, I know I should have suck it up and do it free standing but there’s something about being awake at 6:45 in the morning to contend with)

c) Freemotion cable dual handle standing lat pull down

d) Freemotion cable chest press (tough!)

e) DB walking lunges

Supersets of:

f) Matrix leg extension

g) Matrix back row

h) Matrix chest press

Single sets of:

i) Ab crunches on fit ball

No comments: