• Phuket was a blast! The race, the company of friends, the place. I enjoyed the getaway tremendously.
• To top it off, I came in third in my age group and received a trophy and a Timex watch. The timing was not anything to shout about – I knew that going into the race since the route is tough.
• Slight downside was my achy hips – it practically locked up after the race and I was more or less immobilized in the hotel on Sunday and even had trouble getting a shuteye that night. Good news is that the light, easy swim on Monday morning helped and the hips and legs are (sort of) back to regular mode.
• It has been consecutive workout days since I got in yesterday afternoon. We started with the back-and-chest combo yesterday evening since the hips were still a bother.
a) Smith machine 10 degree incline chest press
b) LF cable lat pull down
c) Smith machine incline chest press
d) Plate weight bendover back row
e) LF cable chest fly
f) LF cable low row
g) Free standing pull ups
h) Free standing dips
i) Leg raises
j) Abs on wheels
• Today was the legs-and-shoulders combo:
Supersets of (4 sets, le sigh):
a) Smith machine squats
b) Standing DB overhead shoulder press
Supersets of (4 sets, more le sigh):
c) Cybex plate loaded leg squat
d) DB lateral raise
e) Hoist leg extension
f) Plate weight frontal raise
g) Split alternate lunges
h) Technogym cable upright row
Single sets of:
i) Ab crunches on fit ball